Accounts Executive – Nairobi Job Vacancy
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Job Title: Accounts Executive – Nairobi
Reporting To: Accounts Manager
Company Profile: Our client is Africa’s largest and leading experiential marketing agency that brings brands to life through brand activation, special events, social marketing and sponsorship.
- Implement Marketing Communications projects and provide support to Account Group,
- Assist with the day-to-day contact on accounts, delivering an efficient, effective and profitable service to clients,
- Meet key performance goals in respect of client satisfaction and business development,
- Obtain approval and authorisation from Account Managers or Director for all activities.
Overview of Responsibilities:
Client Service Management
- Research and become familiar with Clients’ brands, industries and markets on a day to day basis.
- Develop full understanding of clients’ business, and keep up to date with clients’ competitors.
- Build relationships with appropriate client counterparts (as guided by Account Director/BU Manager)
- Assist Account Manager with preparation and presentation of briefs, proposals, reports and results reviews.
- Develop estimates of the costs and timescale involved in all proposals ensuring these are issued to the Client and agreed prior to commencement of work.
- Develop and Manage project timelines and all internal (ops/CS) and external (Client) deadlines to ensure smooth production process
- Prepare clear, comprehensive briefs and appropriate supporting material for the Operations & Creative Departments.
- Obtain approval from Account Manager/Director and contribute to the Briefing process.
- Source prizes and suppliers and negotiate effectively on costs.
- Participate in briefing the Operations Department, ensuring that all briefings are followed through in full
- Participate in briefing Artwork with the relevant member of the Creative Department (internal or external).
- Proof read copy and deal with the artwork.
- Obtain the necessary approvals from the Creative Department and your team (direct manager and Client) and ensure that the finished work is completed in accordance with the brief.
- Ensure print quote request forms are completed and issued correctly to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure that 3 quotes are obtained when requested.
- Assist in briefing selected suppliers and organise the delivery and distribution of printed material in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Estimate costs and issue all suppliers with Purchase Orders prior to commencing work.
- Reconcile these with suppliers’ invoices and deal with any discrepancies.
- Prepare accurate information for the Agency’s invoices and complete invoicing details for the Accounts Department on time.
- Provide a record of decisions and agreements by writing regular Status and Contact Reports (within 24 hours of meeting)
- Ensure all jobs are scheduled on time and to budget, and monitor progress.
- Research and prepare reports for account teams projects.
- Develop, and maintain, a record of all material published by the account team.
- Adhere to the stated policies, procedures and guidelines of the agency.
- Support Account Directors/Managers and other members of the Account Group including the position of cover for absent colleagues.
- Ability to understand and work within clients’ budget.
- Ensure all quotations of work are accurate.
- Assist the BU Manager maintain agreed profit margins.
- Ensure all work for clients meets highest levels of quality and timeliness and is within budgetary guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Understanding of marketing communications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Tact and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with numbers.
- Proactive in managing clients business.
- Project management skills.
- IT skills.
- Ability to prioritise and identify problems.
- Works well under pressure.
- Has an open and friendly personality.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Degree holder in business, marketing or any other relevant field from a recognized university
- Marketing certification will be an added advantage.
- Sales or Marketing experience is mandatory
- Ability to travel away from home
If interested, send in your CV and application letter to [email protected] indicating the Job position on the Job title.