Accountant Job in Kenya
The main purpose of this role will be to manage the finance function of the company in a professional manner to ensure company meets its financial obligations on a day to day basis.
The main duties and responsibilities will include to:
- Administer and monitor financial system in order to ensure the organization’s finances are maintained in accurate and timely manner
- Maintain the accounts payable and receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records.
- Establish and perform an effective budgetary monitoring system to ensure that it is as per the approved plan and that any variance is explained.
- Prepare the finance expenses budget and consolidate the same for the company for management presentation and approval by the board.
- Manage company liquidity on a day to day basis to ensure that the funds are always available to meet any obligation that may arise.
- Ensure monthly and annual accounts are prepared within the stipulated time to assist management and directors in prompt decision making.
- Provide effective and efficient office management e.g. order office supplies, manage repairs of office equipment
- Ensure compliance with tax authorities and that all accounting procedures are being followed to ensure compliance with financial standards and regulators requirements, among others.
- CPA Part III or equivalent
- Accounting/financing experience of over 7 years, three of which should be from a manufacturing firm.
- Experience in auditing will be an added advantage
- Ability to manage a finance unit
- High level of accuracy and keen to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets
- Problem solving skills