Account Manager Job in Kenya
Number Of Positions Open: 2
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The ideal candidate should exhibit strong communication, influencing, and problem solving skills towards all stakeholders.
We’re looking account manager with a passion for serving clients and creating solutions to their unique challenges.
- Act as primary account owner with ultimate responsibility for customer loyalty. You will be required to retain business through the provision of proactive, quality customer service and up-sell opportunities and to close new business through the identification and pursuit of clients within East Africa.
- Develops and executes approved account plans for assigned accounts to maintain and maximize client market. Ensures sales growth and actively seeks solutions and improvement as required
- Manage existing client accounts
- Acquire new business
- Cultivate relationships
- Identify up-sell opportunities
- Create and manage a pipeline of potential business
- Train customers on Armada products or tools
- Monitor account productivity
- Identify account trends and training needs
- Focus on client retention
- Focus on winning new business
- Cover East African territory effectively
- Resolve client complaints/issues
- Develop client expectations – client satisfaction
- ROI analysis
- Develop executive summary of Armada services that clients are currently using and review quarterly with decision maker.
- Working with client relations and other sales channel partners to support clients and penetrate account base for retention and new business opportunities.
- Ensures operational terms and conditions of clients contract are administered and services provided are within the scope of the contract.
- Collaborate with Sales and Service Delivery to formulate service strategies and resolve operational challenges.
- Support an assigned base of Armada HC clients through sales and follow-up activities,
- Coordinate sales calls, meetings and presentations; create and deliver customized “standard” presentations,
- Assess and identify customer needs, effectively handle objections and close sales,
- Monitor account production and growth and predict future needs,
- Communicate account plans and key customer issues to all members of sales and support teams,
- Communicate account plans key customer issues to all members of the sales and support teams,
- Differentiate self and Armada HC from competitors by knowing the customer better and developing solutions based on this knowledge.
- Identify possible threats to sales opportunities and create solutions to overcome them.
- Partner with account decision makers to identify ongoing account trends/usage rates, Armada product needs and usage,
- Up-sell additional services and products to the
- Cultivate relationships, both laterally and above the primary contact,
- Resolve customer complaints/issues by effectively working with the customer service team to support the customer,
- Keep customer’s interests in mind when doing business,
- Partner with internal Armada HC resources to make or expand the sale.
- Achievement Drive: Must be determined to enthusiastically engage in activities that lead to meeting and exceeding sales quotas.
- Initiative: Must be able to identify sales opportunities, anticipate problems/objections, and decisively take the necessary appropriate steps to achieve desired outcomes.
- Listening Skills: Must exercise outstanding listening skills to effectively assess customer needs and ensure the success of the sales opportunity.
- Negotiation: Must secure agreement to provisions set forth in the business contracts in a manner that enables the achievement of common goals and leaves the customer with a positive view of Armada
- Influencing: Must persuasively convince the prospect that Armada’s products and services offer the best value, taking into account the concerns and point of view of the prospect.
- Presentation skills: must confidently communicate the business value of Armada’s products and services to key stake holders using visual aids and technology
- Verbal Communication: Must be verbally astute but demonstrate flexibility to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, tailoring his/her language to suit the target audience.
- Perseverance/Follow Up: Must monitor all business in his/her pipeline and follow up with prospects in a timely manner to achieve desired outcomes.
- Resilience/Coping with Pressure: Must continue to work effectively and maintain a positive outlook when faced with difficult situations, a heavy workload, and considerable pressure to achieve sales targets.
- Selling Skills: must accurately identify and prospect needs and match these with the capabilities of Armada products and services in order to retain business and acquire new business.
- Competitive Awareness: Must maintain current knowledge of competitor offerings in order to effectively handle objections and persuasively present the competitive advantages of Armada.
- Planning & Organizing: Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills in order to develop an damage his/her pipeline, manage multiple accounts and prioritize leads.
- Product Knowledge: Must maintain accurate and current product knowledge for any array of products and services in order to effectively counter objectives and match the needs of customers with real capabilities offered by Armada
- Must have 5-7 years of ‘consultative’, SME and Large Enterprise account, sales experience
- Candidate would ideally have worked in, or sold to Large businesses and or MNC accounts
- Must have experience in managing a yearly quota of $0.5m or more.
- Travel 50 – 80%
- Would ideally be located within 30 miles of Armada Office in assigned territory
- Is able to make presentations to large groups, and/or key executives
- Proficient in Word/Excel/Power Point and in using the internet
- Has a demonstrated history of exceeding sales goals and quota’s
- College Degree preferred
- Managing CRM Database and Information
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by scrolling down and clicking on: Account Manager