Abt Associates Information, Education and Communication (IEC) Officer Job in Kisumu Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 5, 2014
Abt Associates Inc. is a US-based registered Company in Kenya with project offices in Nairobi and Kisumu.
The Abt IRS2 project provides support to the health sector by implementing a three year indoor residual spraying (IRS) malaria prevention project funded by USAID.
The Company is inviting Kenyan applicants qualified inInformation, Education and Communication (IEC) Officer for their Kisumu based office.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and review IEC/BCC messages/materials in collaboration with project staff and other stakeholders, including, the Malaria Control Unit of the Ministry of Health and County Health Management Teams.
- Draw IRS mobilization and spray schedules in coordination with county leadership.
- Work through community health workers and other relevant stakeholders to conduct door-to-door community mobilization, awareness and sensitization on IRS.
- Coordinate and participate in interactive Radio talk shows for maximum coverage of IRS.
Qualification requirements include:
- Masters Degree in Communications, Public Health, Community Health, Environmental Studies, or other relevant field.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in communications, community outreach, or public education. Previous IRS or community education experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- English language fluency.
Those who qualify and are interested should send (or deliver) an application letter and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) providing details of 3 work related referees to:
Email: [email protected]
Apply not later than 24th March, 2014
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted directly.
Abt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abt considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Abt does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.