MicroSave Senior Research Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya
Job description: The candidate will be responsible for supervising and conducting rigorous research into the functioning of agent network managers in selected countries around the world and support other research projects that arise from time to time.
- Ensuring that sampling methodologies and tools are tailored to specific country demographics, while also preserving enough uniformity across countries for comparative analysis;
- Planning logistics for data collection teams in each of the countries, manage their progress, and ensure the highest quality of data;
- Recruiting and managing firms and consultants brought in for specialized tasks;
- Communicating effectively and regularly with both the project manager and the data analyst to report any irregularities from planned activities, and provide sophisticated advice on any augmentations that may be needed to existing plans;
- Preparing progress reports for donors, and other communications for the Research Advisory Committee, and other events as needed.
- An excellent understanding of academic methodologies for quantitative research and statistical analysis, including randomized controlled trials, and quasi-experimental techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to managing teams, ideally multiple teams in developing world environments conducting research
- Sophisticated planning, organisational and time management skills, including flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure to meet changing deadlines
- Analytical and problem solving skills of a high order, including the ability to formulate recommendations and advice
- Highly developed computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent quality English speaking and writing ability and a professional demeanour.
- Proven ability to work effectively in other cultures, communities and project teams
- A high degree of self-drive, enthusiasm, flexibility and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communications skills, specifically presentation skills, training skills, and the ability to facilitate group discussions.
- Comfortable working in unstructured environments with high levels of uncertainty
- Ability to work under pressure yet deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and willingness/ability to travel if necessary