Christian Impact Mission Agronomist Job in Yatta, Machakos County, Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 21, 2013
Christian Impact Mission is a non-denominational, nongovernmental, non-political development agency whose mission is to empower communities to take charge of their destinies and to develop alternative approach to community development.
The organization is seeking to recruit an agronomist on a one year contract under CIM/USAID partnership.
- Degree/diploma in Agriculture or Horticulture
- Field experience working with rural farming communities
- Good knowledge in local and international market standards including Kenya gap and Global gap.
Responsibilities will include;
- Coordination of all field activities funded in the partnership including
- Mobilization and recruitment of producer groups(beneficiaries)
- Establishment of high quality demonstrations.
- Planning planting schedules of target high value crops to supply identified markets
- Training and provision of technical assistance to the beneficiaries
- Field days and workshops
- Post harvest handling and market linkages
- Assist farmers to comply with local and international standards including Kenya gap and Global gap
- Natural resource management interventions
- Conduct baseline surveys, data analysis and reporting
- Prepare progress reports- monthly, quarterly and end of project
The agronomist will work under the CIM director in a project based in Yatta- Machakos County.All interested applicants should send their CVs online to the email address; [email protected]