Orange Telkom Business Developer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 15, 2013
Position: Business Developer
Reporting to: SME Manager
Department: Business Market
Role Purpose: He/She will oversee the conceptualization, planning and growing the brand equity among SME target market while cultivating new customers and brand advocates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
New Business Development:
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network and identify potential clients and the decision makers within the client’s organization
- Research and build relationships with new clients;
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business, and set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with solution consultant to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives and
- Participate in pricing the solution/service, handling objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs and arranging and participating in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions such as association events and conferences and provide feedback and information on market creative brands
- Present to consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels and identifying of opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate and ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management team.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure that they are met by the team and present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to choose deals to meet these targets
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner; understand the company’s goal and purpose so that it will continue to enhance the company’s performance.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of reporting in sales pipeline management and opportunity management, all regular and ad hoc sales reports and analysis.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Finance or other Relevant field
- Membership in related professional organizations
- Certifications accreditation in relevant areas
- Minimum of 3 years experience in consultative selling and relationship management preferably within multi-national companies
- Proven track record in selling high dollar value services.
- Better understanding of the industry sector
- Identification and development of key partner and vendor relationships.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Proven track record in sales of quota achievement
- Partnering with software, hardware and consulting vendors who have multinational customer base.
- Background in business consulting, process analysis design and improvement
- Self starter with experience and desire to acquire new business and develop good customer relationships
- Self driven, energetic, resourceful, creative and possess strong leadership skills and develop professional sales presentation, proposals and reports
- Ability to project a strong, positive image of him/herself and the company
This position is opened to Kenyan citizens only.
If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 16th December 2013, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through www.orange-tkl.co.ke.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.