Training Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya (KShs 80K)
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 6, 2013
Training Officer – Kshs 80,000/-
Industry – Microfinance / Finance
Location – NairobiOur client, a leading microfinance is looking for a Training Officer.
The job holder’s role is to improve performance efficiencies across the organization by providing need-based training in technical, managerial and soft-skills and improving employee motivation levels.
- Identify training and development needs within the organization through training needs analysis surveys, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with other managers and conduct ongoing personal development classes for staff members where necessary.
- Design training and development programmes based on both the organization’s and the individual’s needs;
- Prepare annual training calendar/plan and budget
- Develop and organize training manuals multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials for in-house courses; as well as organizing for out- job training.
- Deliver appropriate training within the set budget,
- Manage an effective performance management system through company-wide performance reviews
- Manage the delivery of training and development programmes and, in a more senior role, devising a training strategy for the organization;
- Monitor and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers;
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met;
- Amend and revise programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment;
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and presenting this research to the management team.
- Maintain and keep updated records on all trainings both internal and external
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures including evaluating instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs; providing recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource, Commerce, Social Sciences or related field from a recognized Institution.
- Must have a higher Diploma from IHRM
- Must be a certified trainer with at least 3 years of experience.
- Ability to work within stringent deadlines and to multitask.
- Excellent organizational, decision making and presentation skills.
Personal Traits, Qualities and Aptitudes
- Be responsible, reliable, trustworthy and a confident person.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Great interpersonal skills
- High level of professionalism, enthusiasm, and a “can do” attitude
- Result oriented
If you meet the above requirements send your CV only, to [email protected] , indicating the title (Training Officer – Kshs 80,000/-) on the subject line before the 9th of December 2013.We do not charge for interviews.Please note your current salary on your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.