Head of Energy Services Division Job in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
The business seeks to complement its senior management team in Tanzania. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly talented individual to contribute to and own part of one of the most promising companies in the energy access sector in Africa.
Job Title: Head of Energy Services Division
Job Summary: As Head of Enserve (Energy Services division) the incumbent will coordinate Sales, Marketing and Distribution for East Africa. The Head of Enserve has two primary responsibilities: growing the customer base and ensuring ongoing customer satisfaction.
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania; frequent national and some international travel will be required.
Salary: The compensation is negotiable, including an equity component in line with typical venture businesses.
- Growing the customer base; identifying and enlisting new villages for installation of microgrids,
- Manage marketing campaigns
- Recruit, train and manage agent network. The agent networks main tasks are:
- Signup customers for services and appliance sales/leasing Install meters and plugnplay appliances
- Ongoing sale of prepaid services
- Identify customer demand and provide feedback to improve offerings
- Measure division performance and report to CEO
- Customer acquisition: New customers per month; Absolute and relative to potential connections
- Customer retention, as a measure of customer satisfaction
- MBA, MSc or equivalent degree
- 5 years or more in relevant work experience
- Sales or Marketing of consumer goods in East Africa
- Startup experience
- Experience in building, managing network of sales/service agents
- Excellent communication skills in English required; proficiency in Swahili desired
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible – maintains effectiveness in a fast moving and/or changing environment and with varying tasks, responsibilities or people
- Able to stick to deadlines