Karatina University Registrars Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 6, 2013
Karatina University is a chartered Public University in Kenya.
The aim of the University is to be one of the leading institutions of higher learning in Kenya and beyond through offering quality education that is in tandem with the needs and aspirations of Kenya as captured in our vision, mission and core values.
The University’s Main Campus is situated in Kagochi, 15 km North of Karatina Town, in a serene environment that is conducive for work and learning.
We also have campuses in Nyeri Town, Karatina Town, Nanyuki Town and Itiati.
1. Registrar (Planning, Finance and Administration)
Ref No. KarU/REG (PFA)/13
2. Registrar (Academic, Research and Students Affairs)
Ref No. KarU/REG (ARSA)/13
Duties and Responsibilities
Work at this level entails planning, directing, controlling, organizing, coordinating administrative/academic functions of the University. In addition, ensuring that quality standards are adhered to, facilitating staff development and capacity building, policy formulation and implementation and any other duties as may be assigned by a senior officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Doctorate Degree in a relevant field in addition to Masters Degree from a recognized institution.
- Should be able to demonstrate evidence of academic leadership through scholarly publications, participation and contribution in seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Should be conversant with project monitoring and evaluation, be able to supervise and oversee the provision of administrative, financial services and academic programmes.
- Demonstrated leadership ability as well as administrative and managerial skills.
- Should have served for at least four (4) years at university, an institution of higher learning or research institution, at senior level such as Dean/Director or comparable position or as Deputy Registrar provided that Masters Degree holders with six (6) years experience may be considered.
- Should have thorough knowledge of the Universities Act, Statutes and other regulations related to academic affairs, administrative and financial matters of the university.
- Be familiar with the formulation and provision of guidelines on planning and management of university services and academic programmes.
- Should be a person of high integrity.
- Be conversant with modern Information Communication Technology.
Terms and Conditions of Service
The successful candidates will be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with the existing Terms and Conditions of Service
Mode of Application
Applicants must submit five (5) copies of applications giving details of the educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent letter of appointment.
In addition, applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned, in separate sealed envelopes.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the undersigned, quoting the reference number for the job applied so as to be received on or before Friday 20th December, 2013 by 5.00pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Vice Chancellor
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
P.O. Box 1957- 10101
Karatina University is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of either gender, persons with disability and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply