SAPCONE Finance Officer Job in Lodwar Turkana Kenya
Salary: Grade 4, Step 1
Closing date: 10th December, 2013
SAPCONE mission is to facilitate the empowerment of children, youth and women through non-violent means, conflict transformation and peace education/training, livelihoods and networking in order for them to participate in building positive peace, sustainable development and respect for human dignity in realizing a just and friendly world.
- Record financial transactions in line with SAPCONE & donor requirements.
- Process timely payments for goods and services received.
- Managing and reconciling bank/cash books, preparation of monthly financial accounts for submission to SAPCONE, ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management of records as required for auditing.
- Adhere to the Head of Support/Director instructions (as Budget Holder) to ensure that expenditures are in line with SAPCONE policies and financial procedures.
- Coordinate any interim and annual audits.
- Ensure proper accounting of project recoveries and income recognition.
- Maintain, at all times, accurate and up-to-date financial record and provide information when required.
- Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for financial monitoring and progress of programme funds and grants.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections, assisting the HOS in preparing monthly cash forecast according to donor requirements, as requested.
- Maintain collection and storage of regular financial reports and budget records.
- Ensure adherence to the SAPCONE finance and administration guidelines at all times.
- Provide soft and hard copies of monthly financial reports on deadline.
- Assist in the preparation of donor reporting, interim and final.
- Preparation of Statutory remittance to concerned bodies as provided for in the payroll – NHIF, NSIF, NSSF, Consultants withholding tax remissions and Annual returns. This needs to be done within the deadlines given.
- Issuance and monitoring of Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) for goods and services.
- Be responsible for the posting of the monthly finance pouch and include all necessary documents, as outlined by line manager.
- Follow any procedures and guidelines as laid out by SAPCONE and provide comments on where it can be more effective for the programme.
- Work in close collaboration with other staff members, and provide back up support where necessary.
- Liaise and communicate through line management
- Any other duties specified by the Head of Support or Director as appropriate for the role.
- Kenyan national
- BSc in Business Finance, Finance or other related fields preferred
- CPA qualified preferred section 6 or CPA K.
- Proven experience in financial accounting of not less than 2 years
- Excellent computer literacy in Excel and Word
- Strong financial management experience with admin experience a strong advantage
- Experience in liaising with Government, NGOs, UN and other organizations.
- Experience in financial reporting on UN,ECHO, DFID, OFDA, USAID grants
- Experience in preparing, reporting against and reforecasting budgets
- Experience in Quick Books
- Strong commitment to humanitarian work, preferably with more than 2 years’ experience of working with an NGO
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, within a multicultural setting
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Proactive approach to work and able to work with limited supervision at various points
- Familiarity with and commitment to SAPCONE vision and mission, and willingness to promote this in the field.
P O Box 125, Lodwar 30500