Ujamaa Africa Research Job Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 6, 2013
Ujamaa – Africa, is a Kenyan NGO that promotes economic empowerment, personal security and health for vulnerable women and girls.We are currently involved in a groundbreaking research program which has thus far demonstrated a dramatic decrease in the prevalence of rape in the 5 urban slum areas, where Ujamaa teaches a proprietary girl’s empowerment and boy’s transformation program in schools, CBOs, FBOs and in other forums.
Thus far our work is published or under review in 2 prestigious international journals and we are submitting the dramatic results of our 2013 intervention in the next month
The incumbent must also have strong personal attributes.
- Manage all aspects of complex research projects, including negotiating project objectives and direction with other managers.
- Create comprehensive project plans to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Prepare periodic presentations for management regarding research project status and recommendations.
- Strategic planning of research schedules.
- Perform periodic evaluations to allow the director to determine effectiveness of our programs and make suggestions when applicable.
- Ensure that the questionnaire scripts are well mastered by the facilitators, to maintain all ethics of research.
- Ensure that data collected is entered into Ujamaa’s (Information System) database
- Participate in knowledge impact assessments and reporting.
- Supervise & assist field agents in any tasks that have set deadlines.
- Identify challenges and build capacity of community units and staff on facilitation, data collection, mobilization skills among other identified needs.
- Work with various research databases and Ujamaa Softwares to input data from other departments.
- Coordinate testing, installation and compile modification reports for all departments in Ujamaa.
- Document best practices and submit work for publication in partnership with reputable Kenyan and American Universities (Current Academic Partners include USIU, University of Nairobi, UCLA)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in any Research related field. With at least 2 years experience
- Understanding of qualitative, quantitative and participatory Research, Monitoring and evaluation methodologies and principles
- Knowledge of field research trial set-up.
- Computer skills in MS Office applications and SPSS sofware, coupled with the ability to work with customized Ujamaa Softwares.
- B+ or higher on the KCSE; or > 500 out of 700 on the KCPE
If you meet the above criteria, email your resumes to: [email protected] your current remuneration package on the cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5th December 2013