AGRA PASS Program Executive Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya
AGRA is seeking to recruit an Executive Assistant, Program for Africa’s Seed Systems (PASS) who will be responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the Program Director, PASS and a Program Officer.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of the PASS Program by organizing the flow of work, prioritising incoming requests, maintaining Program Director’s diary, paper work and control system, and following up to ensure timely responses;
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the PASS Program operations, responding and / or re-routing general requests for information, electronic communication and facilitation, liaison with other AGRA Program offices, and representatives from other institutions;
- Following up on actions required by the PASS Program, filing documents and maintaining the relevant files;
- Coordinating the process of project/grant preparation for the program officer, PASS;
- Managing the process of project completion reporting for which the Program is responsible;
- Obtaining, compiling and extracting information from files, publications, library, databases, and other sources or as directed by the Program Director, PASS for use as necessary;
- Coordinating administrative and logistical arrangements for visitors, including arranging appointments for the Program Director, PASS, compiling and providing information or relevant materials required and updating information regarding the Director’s planned travel and meetings;
- Working closely with the travel unit in organizing the Director’s and program visitors’ local and international travel by providing timely information; contacting hosts and arranging hotel accommodation, appointments, and processing travel expenses;
- Making necessary arrangements for PASS Program meetings, workshops and conferences, booking rooms, drafting agenda, compiling and distributing background documentation; and
- Demonstrating flexibility in undertaking special assignments e.g. events, receptions for the Program Director, PASS and other activities as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, Social Sciences or a related discipline;
- Formal secretarial training is preferred while a Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- At least five (5) years’ proven experience providing administrative and personal assistant services to senior level staff in an International Not for Profit Organization;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with the ability to use the Internet to obtain data and reference material;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail; and
- A good command of English. A working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Email: [email protected]
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.
© 2013 Deloitte Consulting Limited